Friday, January 7, 2011

The Dreaded Text Message

Recently I had an epiphany. I finally understand why guys don't respond to the closed ended text messages girls send them after, let's say a date (which is usually mediocre) or after just a casual hang out. I understand now because it has now happened to me with an ex of mine. I mean really, if I haven't responded to the 17 variations of "Hey" "Hey how ru?" or "How ya been?"or and this one is my fav "Hey I'm bored"  I'm not going to respond ever. I finally understand the mind set of guys when it comes to this, the reason they don't respond is because the care/like you enough to fix your boredom or engage in pointless, pithy chitchat.  You know I get it, I try not to do that to the guys I'm into. It's not exactly a pain in the ass, it's just bothersome enough for you to be annoyed when you get that dreaded text message. You get it and all you can do is roll your eyes and think to yourself "Really?!!?!" It's effin annoying and part of you wants to just text back "Stop texting me" or some variation of that but who really wants to be the Rejecter. Nobdody does just b/c you know what it's like to be the Rejectee. But just sometimes it's better to send that dreaded text back b/c if the other person knows how you feel, then it provides closure and they can move one, then the annoying texts will be nothing but a faint memory. Ahhhh.....
But here is another scenario for ya b/c we have all been there just like my previous example. For instance, you happen to update your status b/c something exciting is happening to you or you said something that merits just a simple "Good luck on blah blah blah" and I text you or you just get a text that says just that, don't be an assdouche and ignore it. That's just flat out rude. They aren't asking for your fucking hand in marriage, they aren't asking for anything, so stop being full of yourself just send a fucking thank you and be fucking done with it. Geez. You aren't giving these people false hope or sending the wrong signal if you respond. Sometimes you just gotta take things at face value and when someone says "Good luck on blah blah blah" that's all it means. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment