Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Older Men and Younger Women



Today at work my manager and I were discussing the issue of older men being into younger women. It was a brief but interesting discussion. I mean we all get the 50 year old man going after the 22 year old girl (can we say eeewww), not really get but it's what we expect. That particular scenario is purely ego driven lol...it's the mind set of "Yeaaahhh...I can STILL get any girl I want" ppssh no you can't(not unless you got money and she's a gold digger). But the question of our discussion is why men our age (roughly mid 20's to early 30's) go for the fresh out of high school not even old enough to buy alcohol GIRL?!?!?! I understand that traditionally men tend to pursue women that are younger than them, I just didn't think it would be that young. Idk...I guess it's just been on my mind lately b/c it seems I have been seeing it everywhere. Now this isn't a case of the pot and the kettle people. I have dated younger men and it's never really worked out. I found them immature and not very grounded, and being mature and together are qualities I'm looking for in a potential boyfriend. I'm not saying I want to get married and have kids b/c I really don't I just want someone on my level. I don't think that is too much to ask. This brings me another point/question. Is the reason why men date younger women b/c mentally that at 29 years old they are only on the 18 year old level? If that's the case then that's just sad. Not to say that an age gap is bad but if it exceeds 9 years, you have to start to wonder you know. I always thought that around 28ish, men start to grow up a bit, start knowing what they want out of life, you know settle down a bit...it seems somewhat counterproductive if they try to do that with a girl that wants to party 24/7. And what does that mean for girls like me and my friends, who happen to be single and in our mid 20's? Does that mean we should try to look for men in their late 30's to early 40's b/c they will be on the same level as us?? I'm sorry but I have to draw the line somewhere and dating someone old enough to be my parent is just flat out creepy. Where is the happy medium? My cousin was lucky enough to find a guy that is quite literally the exception to every rule (lucky bitch lol jk I love her soo much)...it's so funny b/c when we talk about her future hubby (yes they are getting married...like I said lucky bitch haha) we always joke around by saying that when they made her man they broke the mold. I'm actually starting to think those fuckers really did break the goddamn mold!! Seriously, if all of the mid 20's to early 30's guys are dating the 20 year olds, then what are the mid twenty something women supposed to do?!! Be single for the rest of our lives?!?! Where as I may be perfectly content with that particular thought b/c it has been sooo long since I have even been on fucking date, other women in my position may not feel the same. Just think about it. These guys that go for the younger women are infatuated with them b/c they are young and exciting and vibrant and spontaneous and it's appealing for them and they want to be a part of the "magic" but eventually the magic fades and they get stuck with these girls for more than likely the rest of their lives for whatever reason. What these idiot men fail to consider that like them we all get older and the "magic" will eventually fade and then what will they do? Call me cynical, call me a bitch, call me what you will but I speak the truth and if you don't agree well you can tell me why you disagree or kiss my butt..whichever you want

No comments:

Post a Comment